What is Consumer Psychology?
Have you ever wondered why some people buy certain products and not others? Have you ever wondered how media messages influence a shopper’s buying choice? Well this is what Consumer psychology is all about.
Consumer Psychology specializes in how our thoughts, beliefs, feelings and perceptions influence how people buy and relate to goods and services.
Consumer psychology is the study of individuals, groups or organizations and the processes they use to select, secure, use and dispose of products, services, experiences, or ideas to satisfy needs the impacts that these processes have on the consumer and society.
People who work in this field look at things like the decision- making process, social persuasion and motivation to help understand why shoppers buy some things but not others for example.
People who study consumer psychology learn:
- How consumers choose businesses, products and services.
- The thought processes and emotions behind the consumer’s decisions.
- What motivates consumers to choose specific products.
- How personal factors and individual differences effect consumers buying choices.
- Advice what Marketers can do to reach out to their specific target audiences.
Businesses need to understand their consumers to have products and marketing campaigns that will appeal to their specific desired audience. Consumer psychologists learn how to make consumers tick.
Hope these tips can help you. If you have any tips or thoughts, please share your comments below.